Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect make-ahead feel good breakfast or snack!
A little dairy, some chia seeds, and a swirl of honey are all it takes to make a breakfast that keeps everyone energized all morning long!
Top it with your favorite fruit, nut butter, or granola.
What is Chia Seed Pudding?
- Chia seeds are indeed a superfood, and mixed with milk (or non-dairy milk) and a bit of yogurt it thickens up slightly.
- Healthy and delicious, chia seed pudding is a meal prepper’s dream and makes an ideal as breakfast or a post-workout snack topped with fruit.
- It stays fresh and ready to eat for up to 4 days in the fridge!
- It’s keto-friendly, high in fiber and protein, and loaded with healthy fats that keep you feeling fuller longer.
Ingredients for Chia Seed Pudding
CHIA SEEDS: Chia seeds are worth their weight in culinary gold! Add them to oatmeal, baked goods, or smoothies. Black or white chia seeds will work for this recipe.
MILK: Any type of milk will work, however, creamier blends like whole milk, almond milk, or oat milk will make the pudding rich and creamy.
YOGURT: Greek yogurt will make the pudding thicker than regular yogurt. Plain yogurt my go-to, but you can try different flavors like vanilla, berry, or banana.
SWEETENER: To sweeten your pudding, honey, agave, and maple syrup are great choices.
How to Make Chia Seed Pudding
- Whisk chia seeds and milk in a bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in yogurt and honey until blended (as per the recipe below).
- Divide equally into containers, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Add toppings like fruit or nut butter and serve.
- Keep chia seed pudding in the refrigerator and use it up within 5 days.
Other Delicious Breakfasts To Try
Did your family enjoy this Chia Seed Pudding Recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below!