A homemade hot fudge sauce recipe in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients? Yes, please!
A mixture of cream, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips come together in minutes to create a rich decadent fudge sauce.
Dress up sundaes, brownies, cakes, and even smoothies with this uber-easy, super creamy, chocolatey fudge sauce!
Our Favorite Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- Made with 5 simple ingredients, this recipe for hot fudge comes out rich and smooth with a delicious dark chocolate fudgy flavor!
- It’s super easy to make, heat, melt, and stir.
- Best of all, this hot fudge sauce recipe is really fast, it takes just 5 minutes.
Ingredients and Variations
Chocolate chips – You can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, or a mixture of both. We prefer them over cocoa powder for their velvety texture and rich chocolate flavor.
Avoid using candy “melts” as they don’t have a great flavor in this chocolate sauce.
Dairy – Half-and-half or light cream provides a rich flavor compared to evaporated milk. It gives this chocolate fudge sauce the perfect consistency.
Brown sugar – This adds sweetness and balances out the semi-sweet chocolate.
Vanilla – You can switch out the vanilla extract for other extracts such as hazelnut, rum, almond, or banana to change the flavor.
How to Make Hot Fudge
- Heat cream and brown sugar as per the recipe below.
- Add chocolate chips and let the mixture rest without stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk until the sauce is smooth and stir in vanilla.
This hot fudge sauce recipe is great served warm or room temperature over ice cream or even cake.
How to Use Hot Fudge
Storing Hot Fudge Sauce
- Keep hot fudge sauce in a Mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Reheat hot fudge sauce on low power in the microwave or place the jar in a saucepan with water on the stove on medium heat.
- And, yes, it can be frozen! Be sure it’s cooled and in a tightly sealed container. Thaw in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk in a little milk to thin it out.
More Delicious Dessert Toppings
Did your family love this Hot Fudge Sauce? Leave us a rating and a comment below!